By Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1881. Source: WikiArt.org
I like sharing old paintings that have dogs in them. This painting is from 1901. It is in the Public Domain, and I found it here at this link on WikiArt.org. By the way, if you at all like art, paintings, etc., then you will love the WikiArt website. See the link below…
We came home from work to find Katie stretched out on our couch and her best friend Max on the floor next to her. Since the moment we brought Katie home they have been best friends and are never far from each other! And yes, Max always sleeps on his back! Submitted by Elizabeth C.
This is a picture of my dog Smokey. I ran for the camera when I saw her in this empty dog food bag. She definitely LOVES her food!!! Submitted by Lisa R.
Penelope is a loving little Frenchie girl. She enjoys playing with her sister Chickpea, napping with Mom and Dad, and most of all begging for food! Submitted by Heather and Matt.
1) The Border Collie was originally bred to herd sheep near the borders of Scotland and England. They have great stamina, work ethic, and are very intelligent and therefore highly trainable.
2) When herding sheep or cattle, Border Collies crouch down and glare at the animals with an intense stare. They absolutely love herding.
3) Black and white is the most common color pattern, but they are known come in just about any color pattern that is possible in canines, including single color coats.
4) Around 2010 a Border Collie named “Chaser” was said to have learned 1,022 words, and was able to act on command to those words.
5) Border Collies are energetic, playful, and demanding, and are best suited for households with plenty of room to play and exercise. They may become neurotic if these conditions are not met.
6) It is said that many of the best working Border Collies today can be traced back to a dog named Old Hemp, pictured below, who lived from 1893 to 1901.
7) The breed excels at dog agility and sport competitions.
8) It is said that they need a job to do in order to be happy.
9) The high intelligence of Border Collies have made them a good choice to “act” in movies and TV.
10) A Border Collie named “Striker” holds the Guinness World Record for “Fastest Car Window Opened by a Dog.” He rolled-down the non-electric car window in 11.34 seconds.
This is my dog Tey-ha after digging a big hole in the dirt at dog camp. She is a 1.5 year-old Border Collie mix. Submitted by Janie S.